By the grace of God, the Lutheran High School Association has grown to a system of Christian education for over 1100 students. Detroit Lutheran High School opened in 1944 at 1000 West Grand Boulevard. In 1951, the school moved to 5040 Joy Road. Lutheran East and West opened in 1957. Lutheran North-Macomb opened in 1972, Lutheran Northwest-Rochester Hills opened in 1978, and Lutheran South-Newport opened in 2000. Lutheran High School Westland opened its first school year on August 27, 1986. Mr. Ross E. Stueber served as principal from 1986-1992. Mr. Steven Schwecke is the current principal.