Juniors may submit an application for Honor Society by Monday, April 3rd. Applicants must have a 5 semester cumulative GPA of 3.5 or higher. Student must enter data and then print for submission.
What do NHS members do? Members participate in planned service projects (in the past: Lutheran World Relief boxcar loading and assisting at Regional Special Olympics). NHS members wear honor cords at graduation.
Acceptance into the society indicates that a student has demonstrated BOTH academic achievement and positive Christian character qualities.
The student must have a minimum 3.5 cumulative GPA based on 5 semesters
The student must exhibit exemplary leadership, character, and service qualities
How does a student apply?
- 1. APPLICATION FORMS: Students are to use the electronic version of the application available in WORD format from Student Groups - National Honor Society – Permission Slips and Forms. Students fill in the tables (TYPED) and print the completed forms. (Students may wish to save some of these files for use with college applications and scholarships.).
- 2. DEADLINE Student returns all required forms to the Main Office by Monday, April 3 @ 3:10 pm.
- 3. SELECTION PROCESS
- A faculty committee reviews the application forms - A majority vote is needed to be admitted
- The faculty committee looks for students who meet or exceed the high character standards listed. It is possible that a student with average scores may not be admitted
- Students who are denied admission are informed of their low scoring areas. They may work to improve those areas and may reapply senior year
- Students may be removed from NHS if character or GPA standards are not maintained
- 4. DECISION All applicants will be informed of the results on April 25.