WARRIOR for a Day
Each year we have dozens of students spend the day at Lutheran High Westland, learning about what a "day in the life of a Warrior" is all about. It is the best opportunity to see if Lutheran High Westland is the right fit. We strongly encourage students in 8th grade to participate in the Warrior for a Day program. These shadow days begin in November.
Future Warriors are encouraged to spend a full day or half day shadowing a current LHWL student. Your student is welcome to shadow any day of the week we are in session. The school day begins at 7:55am each day with the exception of 8:11am on Wednesdays. Lunch will be provided, and you can pick up your child at 3:10pm Monday through Thursday and 2:30pm on Fridays. After Easter break, school ends at 2:30pm every day of the week.
How to Participate?
To have your child participate, please contact the admissions coordinator, Christi Gaertner at (734) 422-2090 or firstname.lastname@example.org. At that time we will ask you for the following information:
- What school does your child currently attend?
- Are there any particular classes your child would like to visit?
- What are their interests and hobbies?
- Is there a particular student he/she would like to shadow?
The Day of the Visit
On the day of your child's visit, please remember the following:
- Bring a pen or pencil, a notebook, and a reading book
- Arrive in Dress Code
- Meet in the school office before school starts
- Park in the lot to the east of the school which is on the opposite side of the building as the gym. Walk along the sidewalk to the flagpole and buzz in the door near the flagpole.
- Lutheran High Westland will provide lunch